GREENBOR - The ideal Boron for all crops
What is GREENBOR™
- Is a Calcium /Magnesium hydroboracite that is slowly soluble giving all season release.
- It is slowly soluble at ideal soil pH’s
- It is a natural crushed rock.
- It is a sustained release boron for 2 seasons
- Comes out of a mine high up in the Andes.
- It is a Slow release, ground applied, boron fertiliser of 10% Boron concentration
Is it needed in New Zealand?
- New Zealand soils are mostly deficient in natural Boron
- High rainfall means rapid release of water soluble forms of Boron
- Free draining coarse or sandy soil types are more prone to leaching
- Crop demands boron during all stages of growth
What does Boron do?
- Strengthens root growth
- Assists structural strength
- Is essential for flowering/Fertility
- Improves size and quality of fruit
- Improves skin strength of fruit
- Increases fruit firmness and storage
- Promotes Calcium uptake
- Improves disease resistance
- Promotes Fruitset
GREENBOR Application Rates:
What does it look like ?
It is a 2 – 4 mm granule that can be easily mixed with lime or fertilizer or applied on its own
Which New Zealand crops need it the most
- Clover pasture
- Fodder beat
Other crops also require boron but are not big users.
Does it improve yield?
Many trials have been conducted with statistical results in the following crops:
- Fodder Beet
GREENBOR™ is available throughout New Zealand and delivered to farm free of charge for loads greater than one ton.
Call Chengeta for any further advice on +649 257 4030